by Laura Ridings
Dropping in with a super simple, and fool-proof breakfast recipe to shake things up.
Make it to your liking, you're the one eating it! The quantities depend how many people you're serving. This recipe serves 3.
Keep in mind this re-heats very well, so add it into your meal prep day occasionally to help make breakfasts a breeze.
You will need:
1. 1 package of super Firm Tofu
2. 1 Field Roast Chipotle plant-based sausage <--- read more about it
It's already seasoned to perfection with cumin seeds and oregano
3. Small handful of onions (the amount will really be to your liking) I only prefer a little bit for flavor
4. 2 medium sweet Peppers
6. Chives for garnish
1. Heat the cast-iron skillet on medium.
2. When it's nice and warm, add olive oil, coconut oil, or whatever you prefer
3. Add the chopped field-roast sausage and let that cook for about a minute
4. Add the onions and let those cook together for another minute.
5. Add the chopped sweet peppers and cook for a minute.
6. Crumble in the tofu with your hands.
7. Sprinkle on the turmeric, enough to cover the tofu.
8. Mix together. The turmeric turns the tofu yellow, giving it an egg-vibe, minus the 190 g of cholesterol per egg.
When the tofu is heated thoroughly, your tofu scramble is all set!
Add it to toast, a tortilla, a bagel or whatever brings you joy that morning.