Ever crave 1/2 a sandwich and some soup? This is your new go-to!
You will need:
Lifelight Smoky Tempeh (I get at Whole Foods) Lettuce
Bread of your choice.
You might want to choose Ezekiel or a sprouted loaf, sourdough, or whatever you've got on hand.
1. Warm the tempeh on the stove top until heated thoroughly. No need to "cook" it.
2. Toast the bread
3. Spread the vegenaise on one piece of toast
4. Spread the avocado on the other piece of toast
5. Stack up the tempeh, tomatoes and lettuce.
**I want to mention you can use lettuce, spinach, arugula, micro greens...go with what you have on hand.
After all the ingredients are stacked, you're ready to dig in!
You will need:
Medium sauce pan
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
1 chopped orange sweet pepper
1/8 sweet onion
1 knob of grated ginger
4 c organic veggie broth
Cilantro for garnish
1. In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, drop a dollop of coconut oil in the pan.
2. Add the chopped sweet potato, chopped onion, and chopped orange sweet pepper
3. Let it saute for 5 minutes, just so it's browned and the flavors start coming together. Add in the grated ginger and brown it, but be careful to not let it burn. This should be like 1 minute.
4. Add in the 4 c organic veggie broth.
Let it simmer on medium-low heat until the sweet potatoes are soft. Around 20 minutes.
Take off the heat and let it cool for a bit.
Puree in a blender.
Garnish with fresh organic cilantro and enjoy!