CHIPOTLE SEITAN BOWL
I like to keep Sweet Earth Foods on hand -- something about a big savory bowl that's so satisfying after leg day, or just when you're really hungry! I buy seitan at Whole Foods. Remember if your grocery store doesn't carry something you want, simply ask! They will be happy to accommodate you.
You will need:
1. Cook the rice (whatever you're feeling, brown, bamboo, jasmine, quinoa, whatevs) on stove top.
2. Steam the asparagus. Just a small amount of water on the bottom of the pan, on medium-high, cover with a lid for 5 min.
3. Warm the seitan for around 5 minutes in a pan on the stove or until the seitan is warmed all the way through.
4. Strain asparagus, brush on a little coconut oil, salt and pepper, then chop it into bite-sized pieces.
5. Wash and chop the tomatoes and cilantro
6.Place the rice, seitan, chopped asparagus, chopped tomatoes, pistachios in the bowl.
7. Garnish with the sliced avocado and chopped cilantro.
8. Add the salt and pepper to your liking, not overdoing it on the salt.